Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 09:27:37 -0500
From:      Gordon Gilbert <gord@angel.velocet.net>
To:        msmith@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: pib-1.2

Hi!

	For some time how, I have had PIB installed on my FreeBSD
system, and find it very useful for looking for and
installing applications as I have need.  I'm not a geek,
(although my son is one), so I prefer gui-type things to
work with, and PIB was very good that way.

	However, I was recently having trouble getting the most
recent version of a program, and my son commented that PIB
was not showing me the most up-to-date information.  I
deinstalled it and cleaned for it, and tried to install the
latest version, 1.2 (I had 1. The comment on the
installation line was: pib-1.2 is marked as broken: This
needs to be updated to work with the newer ports layout."

	Can you help me?  I would like to install the most recent
version on my machine.  I have done a cvsup recently, and
will do so shortly (when my daughter's machine is finished
with it), and show only the 1.2 version, which gives me that
error.

	Thanks in advance for your help.

	Blessings,

	Gord Gilbert

		|             Angels' Roost Farm              |
		|  Rev. Dn. Gord Gilbert & Susan Gilbert      |
		|		705-549-5056                  |
		|       dn.ggilbert@cecofcanada.ca            |
		|	  sgilbert@cecofcanada.ca             |