Date:      Thu, 05 Dec 1996 01:53:22 +0100
From:      Terje Normann Marthinussen <Terje.N.Marthinussen@cc.uit.no>
To:        Freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   pci-pci bridge on HP netserver

We have a HP Netserver 5/133 LS4

It has 5 PCI slots on two pci busses.
The default FreeBSD kernel is not able to find the two onboard Adaptec
aic7870 PCI controllers that is on the second pci bus.

It will find the first PCI bus, but not the second where the SCSI controllers
are.

>From boot output:
chip0 <generic PCI bridge (vendor=8086 device=1225 subclass=0)> rev 2 on pci0:0

All what seems to be needed is to bounce 'pciroots' like it is done with
the Orion chipset (I now boot it by just hardcoding the right value in
pci.c).

I could write this patch myself, however, I don't have, or know where
to get the information needed (is it enough to just bounce pciroots
with '1' or is something more general needed?). I'm not even sure about
what this chipset is called.

The only chips inside with text or numbers that looks like PCI chipsets
are S82374SB and S82375SB. From what I can see from information on the
INTEL web server, these have to do with the EISA slots.

Anyone know what "device=1225" is named? Where to find information about it?
Want to put support for it into current? :)

Terje Marthinussen
terjem@cc.uit.no