Date:      Fri, 29 Oct 1999 18:04:04 -0400
From:      "Marcelo J. Iturbe" <marcelo@msm.cl>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newbie needs help with devices and vinum

Hello,
I am quite experienced in Linux (Slackware) but brand new to FreeBSD and I=
=20
have a few questions.
In Linux, scsi devices had IDs like sda, sdb, etc and partitions had names=
=20
like sda1, sda2 etc.
In FreeBSD I find myself with many more options and devices,  I assume that=
=20
da0 is my first scsi drive and if da0s1 would be a partition on then what=20
are da0h, da0g, etc... or a more important question is where can I rad up=20
on it??!

The reason for all this is because I am trying to install vinum, I have two=
=20
9 gig scsi drives and I would like have them mirror each other.
If fstab shows these partitions mounted as da0s1a, da0s1b, etc then what=20
would be a proper config file for vinum?  I did not find that  vinum manual=
=20
all that easy to read through.
I know it has to look something like
drive c device /dev/da0h
drive d device /dev/da1h
volume stripe
   plex org striped 512k
     sd length 4096m drive a
     sd length 4096m drive b
     sd length 4096m drive c
     sd length 4096m drive d

or something like that...

Thanks for any light you might be able to shed on this matter

                  ICQ 22921676
                  MSM Interactive.
      Dario Urzua 1940, Providencia, Chile.
Phone: (56-2)204-3510=A0 Fax: (56-2) 204-3508
Email: marcelo@msm.cl=A0=A0=A0=A0http://www.msm.cl