Date:      Sun, 05 Mar 2000 23:39:54 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ijppp for isdn, ppp compression, and netgraph (also: load balancing)

Juergen Lock writes:
>On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 06:32:45AM +0100, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:
> - the Telecom does not give away anything for free. Check when, why and
>>   most important how you are using the internet: the savings you get using
>>   this "flatrate" does not pay even a fraction of the time and work needed
>>   to implement this - in my eyes.
>>
> Well yes someone would have to do the work and it probably won't
>exactly make him rich either, thats true. :)  (but it could make
>bsd more popular if it gets this before linux...)

So, Juergen, when can we expect to see patches from you ? :)

_I_ certainly don't plan to invest any of my time in this endeavor.

Besides, real flatrate connections are becoming more prevalent here in
Germany, and at reasonable (for Germany) prices. www.callando.de is
offering a flatrate at 89 DM/mo iwth a 3 GB/mo limit. Not too bad.
The other providers will have to follow suit.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org