Date:      Fri, 26 Oct 2001 11:32:21 +0200
From:      Willem van Engen <wvengen@stack.nl>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hw.snd.pcm0.vchans [solved]

--=.G4t?tRw1r/2VM)

Note: it works!

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001 18:10:26 +0930 (CST)
"Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> wrote:

> On 26-Oct-2001 Willem van Engen wrote:
> >  different /dev/dsp0. But the second mpg123 always fails saying that
> >  /dev/dsp is busy.
> >  Do I have to do something more to get the virtual channels working?
>
> How exactly did you run mpg123?
> I use
> mpg123 -a /dev/dsp0.0 foo.mp3
> mpg123 -a /dev/dsp0.1 bar.mp3
Yes, but it didn't work. The problem was that I had installed mpg123-esound,
so it didn't use a device directly and esound used /dev/dsp. But now I have
installed mpg123 without esound, and it works like a charm.
Thanks for your *quick* response :)

But now it works, I find that when a vchan is used and another one is added
(I start playing another stream), there is a hickup in the first stream.
Does everyone else have the same or is it possible to eliminate it?

- Willem
--=.G4t?tRw1r/2VM)

--=.G4t?tRw1r/2VM)--