Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:51:30 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        David Banning <david+dated+1146020479.663d4e@skytracker.ca>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: question on ftp - drag and drop

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 23:01:18 -0400
David Banning <david+dated+1146020479.663d4e@skytracker.ca> wrote:

> I have not figured out how, or if it is possible to cut and paste files
> from one sub-directory to another. Using IE remotely through ftp
> you can cut a file, but once in another directory the paste is not
> available.

not that I know of - you want an FTP client that can keep track of the "cut"
request and link it to the "paste" request, and perform a move (hmm dont even
think that is available as FTP cmd... maybe i'm wrong)...a move would be a
download from original, delete, and upload to the new place.

Would DAV provide what you need? (ok, not an FTP server anymore...but if what
you are after is the functionality...)

just my $0.02