Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 21:35:56 -0400
From:      Ping Pan <pingpan@cs.columbia.edu>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: A new kernel extension to deal with IP option packets

Jeroen,

Please let us know if it is not good enough. We have already used the
new kernel extension to design and develop a new lightweight Internet
reservation protocol, YESSIR, on FBSD. We can process up to 10,000
reservations-per-second on a 700MHz Pentium-III PC. I have not
officially released that code because I have not figured out the
AltQ/DiffServ interface and have bugs here and there. But that will be a
nice application eventually, I hope.

BTW, some people have written to me privately on using the new socket
family for their prototyping projects.

Thanks for showing the interest.

- Ping Pan