Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:38:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Noses <noses@noses.com>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Purchasing a new laptop...advice?

In article <200106010838.f518cHX32967@jhs.muc.de> Julian Stacey wrote:
> I don't where you'r moving from, but in case, guessing from your
> name, you might be EG Indian, & not aware of the European keyboard
> nightmare ;-) ...

If you don't buy your notebook (or any other computer) at the nearest gas
station your dealer will be able to ship it with nearly any keyboard you'd
like. The only one I had problems with was obtaining a traditional Chinese
keyboard (*grin*).

> There are 2 German layouts

One. Anything else is non-standard.

> Think which country you will buy in, if the supplier or manufacturer
> will really guarantee to supply you an alternate keycap set, if
> uncertain avoid laptops with black/anthracite/grey keycaps.

I've never seen separate keycaps for notebooks; all they'll do is replace
entire keyboards.

Noses.

PS: You might take a look at Kapok (www.kapok.com.tw); I'm quite happy with
my 8500P and 8500V and I've ordered them with really exotic keyboards
already...