Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:28:12 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "C. Kukulies" <kuku@www.kukulies.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: spambouncer tags much freebsd list mail as spam

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

On Sun, Nov 02, 2003 at 04:59:29PM +0100, C. Kukulies wrote:
> I installed the spambouncer.org procmail script and before I was switching
> the behaviour from SILENT to COMPLAIN I took a look at my spam.incoming f=
older
> and found a lot of messages from freebsd-bugs and freebsd-mobile in there.
>=20
> Both lists are not directed to folders prior to spambouncer coming into e=
ffect
> so they are trapped by spambouncer and I suspect that other freebsd lists
> would be trapped as well.
>=20
> Anyone experienced similar?

Many anti-spam packages need to be tuned to avoid classifying non-spam
messages as spam.  Depending on the software, sometimes it isn't
possible to avoid a significant false positive rate, but a good spam
filter (e.g. bogofilter) is one that doesn't have this characteristic.

Kris

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM--