Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:06:14 -0400
From:      Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07@hotmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: xfce-4.4.1_1 strange behavior with Launch Desktop Icons.

Hi Karsten,
I was going through my .xsession-errors and looked at the following message=
s, as it appear, it might be something to do with thunar and soemone else p=
reviosly mention. Besides the launching of those two icons, my xfce4 is wor=
king ok. I haven't notice any other bugs yet. If you find something let us =
know, I'll keep searching for a solution. Lisandro

/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp a=
nd utmp
/usr/local/etc/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/local/bin/sessreg -a -=
w /var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0" "l=
grullon"
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Beginning session setup...
"man hier" will explain the way FreeBSD filesystems are normally laid out.
                -- David Scheidt <dscheidt@tumbolia.com>
/usr/local/etc/gdm/Xsession: Setup done, will execute: /usr/bin/ssh-agent -=
- /usr/local/etc/gdm/Sessions/XFce4
/usr/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :0
xscreensaver: not found
** Message: This build doesn't include support for XF86Misc extension
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found
** Message: Querying Xkb extension
** Message: Xkb extension found

** (xfce-mcs-manager:12889): CRITICAL **: find_master: assertion `mixer_han=
dle !=3D -1' failed

** (xfce-mcs-manager:12889): WARNING **: oss: No master volume

(xfdesktop:12892): thunar-vfs-WARNING **: Failed to connect to the HAL daem=
on: Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such fi=
le or directory
Error: No running window found

> Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 10:39:21 +0200
> From: karsten@photor.de
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Subject: Re: xfce-4.4.1_1 strange behavior with Launch Desktop Icons.
>=20
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:07:20AM +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 13:26:04 -0400
> > Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >=20
> > > Dear FBSD users,
> > > I am running FBSD 6.2R with most of my ports upgrade to the latest. I=
 just finish doing a upgrade of Xorg 7.2 to 7.3 because I was having an iss=
ue with my keyboard and mouse using 7.2. In any case the reason I am postin=
g this is because after the upgrade, I launch xfce4 using startx and all we=
nt ok, yet when I am in my desktop and I try assessing the "home" or "files=
ystem" icons, they just appear to blink and never get launched, is any of y=
ou having this issue, I am not sure if this is a software bug that xfce4 is=
 having. If any experience this, please elaborate. Lisandro
> >=20
> >=20
> > Hi Lisandro,
> > have you got Thunar installed? those icons launch your file manager, wh=
ich by default is the Thunar file manager. I am not sure if there is a way =
to replace it for other.
> >=20
> > You may want to check ~/.xsession-errors to see if there are any errors=
 being issued by xfdesktop or Thunar itself.
> >=20
>=20
> Hi.
>=20
> I also got into "trouble" after upgrade 7.2 -> 7.3: Starting xfce took a
> very long time. I find the following in my .xsession-errors:
>=20
> ** (xfdesktop:43005): WARNING **: org.xfce.Trash.QueryTrash failed: The
> name org.xfce.FileManager was not provided by any .service files
> ** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
> grab.
>=20
> ** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
> grab.
>=20
> ** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
> grab.
>=20
> ** (xfce4-menu-plugin:43029): CRITICAL **: Unable to get keyboard/mouse
> grab.
>=20
>=20
> I thought, this is because I can't run hald (crashes the machine
> instantly) and Thunar complains about not finding hald (saw this, when I
> startet xfce via startx on console I think; I can't find it now in the
> logs - so not the exact message, sorry).
>=20
> Maybe, this information can help you (and me ;) with xfce
>=20
> Ciao,
>=20
> Karsten
>=20
> --=20
>=20
> Karsten Rothemund <karsten@photor.de>     /"\
> PGP-Key:     0x7019CAA5                   \ /
> Fingerprint: E752 C759 B9B2 2057 E42F      \  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
>              50EE 47AC A7CE 7019 CAA5     / \ Against HTML Mail and News

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Space=
s. It's easy!
http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=3Dcreate&wx_url=3D/friends.=
aspx&mkt=3Den-us=