Date:      Tue, 27 May 1997 17:45:15 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@uniserve.com>
Cc:        Paulo Menezes <paulo@isr.uc.pt>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Tom Samplonius scribbled this message on May 27:

> On Tue, 27 May 1997, Paulo Menezes wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am trying to export several filesystems in FBSD NFS Server and it seems
> > rather dificult :(
> > I RTFMed and found nothing that could help me. Is there a problem with
> > mountd or with my english? :)
> > Can anyone tell me what is the problem with the following exports file?
> >
> > ----
> > /export/home4/users -maproot=root:wheel pegasus orion centauro vega wagner
> > haydn
> >  pioneer sirius mozart verdi marvin lapa
> > #
> > /export/ports  -maproot=root:wheel marvin
> > /usr/src  -maproot=root:wheel marvin lapa
> > #
> > #
> > /export/obj  -maproot=root:wheel marvin lapa
> > ----
>
>   You can only have one line in exports for each filesystem that you

no... you can only have one line per fs per host...  and then one line
for the other hosts that you didn't specificly list...

what I do is list all dirs on a fs on a per host basis...  that way it's
easier to track conflicts...  then I have blank lines between each fs...
at the very end I list all the "world" exported fs's...

basicly this is the important part from exports(5):
 A host may be specified only once for
     each local filesystem on the server and there may be only one default en-
     try for each server filesystem that applies to all other hosts.

this is in the second paragraph of DESCRIPTION...

hope this helps people...  ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD