Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 20:56:53 +0100
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        dkwiebe@heartland.ab.ca
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   German Staroffice Port

Hi,

I made a german Staroffice-port and made at the same time
some modifications for patches and in the make-file. I'd like
to add the patches to the english version too:

- Check if there is a DISPLAY set, make DISPLAY= ...
- Check if we have a JDK installed or not ... Else
  the soffice script will break if there is no JDK.
- Symlink /usr/local/Office51 to /compat/linux ...
  if /compat/linux/usr/local exists.
- Post-install is automaticly executed if one starts
  make install. So I removed the message about executing it.

Else the port is almost the same. Can you look at the
port and tell me what you think about the modifications ?
I have already had three users which tested it without any
help and it worked :)

You can find the port at:
http://www.attic.ch/ports/staroffice5-german.tar.gz

I'm interested too if you have seen the same staroffice freezes as
I have. If you double-click in the SO-Filerequester on a file, one
SO thread locks and loops forever. Did you experience similar problems
with SO51a ?

Martin

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch