Date:      Sat, 12 Sep 1998 18:05:10 +0000
From:      Nicolas Souchu <Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr>
To:        "Erik H. Bakke" <erikhb@bgnett.no>
Cc:        "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@smarter.than.nu>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: lpt0: Device not configured

On Sat, Sep 12, 1998 at 05:35:50PM +0200, Erik H. Bakke wrote:
>Are you using the PPBus driver?
>I got this similar error when I was setting up my printer last time I
>installed FreeBSD.
>When I excluded the PPBus driver from the kernel config, I got the port
>back.

No, this is not the right solution. Please, try to remove lpt0 instead. And
I give us feedback.

The ppbus system provides a uniform, modular and architecture-independent
system for the implementation of drivers to control various parallel de-
vices, and to utilize different parallel port chipsets.

lpt has been ported to ppbus and is now nlpt (see LINT for more info).

Our goal is to replace lpt by ppbus, not the opposite ;)

Nicolas.Souchu@prism.uvsq.fr
FreeBSD - Turning PCs into workstations - http://www.FreeBSD.org