Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:22:11 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        jmd17@columbia.edu
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: new install -- 4.6.2 or 4.7-RC1?

--==_Exmh_-493455533P

If memory serves me right, "John Daniels" wrote:

> I am about to do a new install.  I do not want to wait 10+ days
> for 4.7-REL.
>
> Will there be a 4.7-RC2? (if so, when?)

Yes.  Probably later this week.  Mostly this depends on some pkg_*
issues getting solved.

> Is there a way to get 4-STABLE in one step (install) instead of 2 (install,
> upgrade)?

4.7-RC* is from the 4-STABLE (RELENG_4, actually) branch.

releng4.freebsd.org (once again) seems to be building daily snapshots
you can use for installs, as well as snapshots.jp.freebsd.org.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-493455533P

--==_Exmh_-493455533P--