Date:      Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:52:13 +0400
From:      Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov@gmail.com>
To:        Peter <peterpub1@aboutsupport.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Simple ipfw problem :(

On 6/23/05, Peter <peterpub1@aboutsupport.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> with my old linux box I forward all my LAN traffic coming from eth1 via
> eth0 with these simple 3 lines
>=20
> $IPTABLES -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o $INET_IFACE -j MASQUERADE
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i $LAN_IFACE -j ACCEPT
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
>=20
> Howevr I moved the box to FreeBSD 5.4 and also I have a new connection
> PPPoE. I enabled the IPDIVERRT,    FIRREWALL etc in the kernel but I am
>   unable to make traffic coming from rl0(internal interface) be
> forwaded via tun0( PPPoE interface).
>=20
> I have gateway_enable=3D'yes', tried playing with ppp_nat etc...
>=20
> But no luck....
>=20
> Is there a simple way to do that with ipfw ? Please help - I am little
> bit confused...
>=20
> Thanks in advance for your help...
>=20
> Kind regards,
>=20
> Peter

Hi Peter,

There is a nice chapter in FreeBSD handbook that describes how rules
for ipfw might look like to do NAT:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.ht=
ml.
I had no problems setting my firewall using that chapter as a starting
point.

--=20
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"