Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:07:45 -0700
From:      Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
To:        Ed Yu <edlyu@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: where is /dev/ukbd0

it looks to me like the man page is not in sync with the faq. i'll
submit a patch for that.

i'd go with what the manpage says. please read the manpage. it contains
much better instructions that the excerpts here:

you need to compile your kernel with options KBD_INSTALL_CDEV.
you need to cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV kbd0 kbd1
you need to remove the device atkbd line from the kernel
you need to run:
	kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd0 < /dev/ttyv0 > /dev/null as the system
	boots, in something like your /etc/rc.local

-Adam