Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:45:26 -0400
From:      "Stephane E. Potvin" <sepotvin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ivan Drobyshevskyi <shumar.ua@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: can't install Eclipse on FreeBSD 7.0 (Release 5)

Ivan Drobyshevskyi wrote:
> thanx for your advices -- but they didn't help.
> while installing  eclipse-devel from ports:
>
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for eclipse-devel-3.4.1_1
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> plugins/org.eclipse.pde.ui.templates/src/org/eclipse/pde/internal/ui/templates/rcp/IntroTemplate.java.rej
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file
> plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/core/adaptor/org/eclipse/osgi/util/TextProcessor.java.rej
> The text leading up to this was:
> --------------------------
> |
> |---
> plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/eclipseAdaptor/src/org/eclipse/osgi/service/environment/Constants.java.orig
> 2007-06-26 04:57:02.000000000 +0900
> |+++
> plugins/org.eclipse.osgi/eclipseAdaptor/src/org/eclipse/osgi/service/environment/Constants.java
> 2007-09-13 01:03:14.000000000 +0900
> --------------------------
> File to patch:
> Skip this patch? [y] y
> 1 out of 1 hunk ignored
> => Patch patch-another-extra-patches failed to apply cleanly.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/java/eclipse-devel.
>

> I've just tried to install other applications (vlc and rtorrent), and have
> same problems -- some patching issues at the end. Any ideas?

Your ports tree has stale files in it. This file is not part of the
current eclipse-devel port. If you have the same problem with other
ports, I suggest that you erase your ports tree and checkout a fresh one
using csup(1) or cvsup(1). csup(1) is part of the base system so it
might be easier if your ports tree is corrupted.

Regards,

Steph