Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 2002 20:52:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "jamgill@uu.net" <jamgill@UU.NET>
To:        Steve Bertrand <steve@northnetworks.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question...

Hi Steve,

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Steve Bertrand wrote:
> and would like to know if BSD will install on such hardware and how I go
> about installing it using minimal resources.

See the handbook to answer your every question! Read through Chapter two:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

and when you get to section 2.6 it will show you how to do a "minimal
install"  That is probably what you want, but you will likely want to add
the ports and the kernel sources as time goes by.

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective