Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 22:47:21 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        marcel@cup.hp.com, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IBM JDK fails due to lack of SA_SIGINFO support

> Currently the IBM jdk & jvm don't run under our linux abi.  This had
> previously been attributed to the "sigaltstack: Cannot allocate
> memory" message one sees when running it.  Upon further investigation,
> this appears to be a red herring.

Umm, I'd believe this except that someone sent me a patch (which I've
forwarded to Marcel) that fixes this and is related to the sigalstack
error above.  At least the author of the patch claims that the IBM JDK
now runs successfully on his box, running some version of FreeBSD. :)

> The "real" problem is as simple
> (or, rather, complex) as the fact that we don't support SA_SIGINFO
> style signal handlers under the linux abi.

[ Great explanation deleted ]

Hmm, I'm at a loss.  I've heard that things work fine with the
signalstack issues fixed, so maybe the java program that he is running
doesn't tickle the bug, although I find that rather difficult to believe
given that almost every Java program known to man is multi-threaded.

Nate