Date:      Fri, 09 Jul 1999 00:24:33 -0700
From:      Kevin Bailey <kevin_bailey@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Can't surf while downloading

I'm consistently seeing an annoying problem: while downloading using
FTP,
the IP stack seems to be inaccessible. Domain name look-ups time-out,
netstat (no params) just hangs, etc. Yet top doesn't show anything
spinning.

I'm using userland ppp on 3.2. ppp is my only interface.

If there's no obvious solution, is there a way to throttle the FTP ?
Can I play with the TCP window size dynamically ?

TIA,
krb