Date:      Mon, 30 Dec 1996 18:22:29 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, asami@freebsd.org
Cc:        max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: Questions about a ports freeze...

    >> 1) Is /pub/FreeBSD/incoming/ cleaned towards the end of
    >> freezes, after a port is comitted, or is it never cleaned?

    asami> It is supposed to be cleaned after a port is committed.
    asami> But sometimes the committer never gets around to it.  And
    asami> then once in a while we get a massive warez (or whatever)
    asami> attack and the sysadmin cleans up everything.

    asami> As it is now plainly obvious, this is bad.  Maybe we should
    asami> arrange a different location for ports uploads only.

I think this is because they are in a place where not many committers
have right to remove files from.  So as you suggest, if we can arrange
some other place where committers can touch, the situation would get
much better, I assume.
(Actually, some files I submitted about a year ago still sit there,
but I can't delete it. :)

Max