Date:      Tue, 5 Sep 2000 08:20:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re: kern/20992: kern/tty_subr.c, b_to_q to a clist with no reserved cblocks

The following reply was made to PR kern/20992; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>, ru@freebsd.org
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject: re: kern/20992: kern/tty_subr.c, b_to_q to a clist with no reserved
 cblocks
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 02:15:23 +1100 (EST)

 On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

 > Subject: re: kern/20992: kern/tty_subr.c, b_to_q to a clist with no reserved cblocks
 >  Could you two take a look at PR kern/20992?  The reported error message
 >  was introduced by Peter, but it looks like it may have been tickled by
 >  Poul-Henning's change to the dgb(4) driver.

 tty_subr.c and dgb didn't change between 3.3 and 3.5, and the driver
 may be sio anyway.  (Who knows what is in 3.5.1?  It isn't tagged.)
 sio.c has some small probably-unrelated changes.  if_sl.c has some small
 possibly-related changes.  I think the only way there can be no reserved
 cblocks is when slip of ppp sets the reservation to 0 and the reservation
 for termios discipline somehow doesn't get restored.

 Bruce