Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 21:15:06 +0200 (EET)
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        John Milo Stegemann <jmstegem@samford.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Free accounts on FreeBSD machines (was: [no subject])

John Milo Stegemann wrote:
> Do you all still have the secure shell accounts where you can play
> around with FreeBSD through your server?  If you do, how can I get an
> account?

First of all, you might want to add a more descriptive subject to your
questions.  There is a great chance your posting will be ignored and
deleted if the subject doesn't look 'interesting'.

I have used Compaq's testdrive program for what you want to do.  They have
a variety of machines, including i386 and alpha, running FreeBSD, OpenBSD,
NetBSD and Linux.  I am in no way affiliated to Compaq, and I don't know
(being offline at the moment) if their testdrive program is still around.
I've used it about a year ago though, to avoid installing NetBSD on my
workstation at home, but still be able to read the NetBSD manpages.

Start at www.compaq.com and follow the links to their "Testdrive" program.
You'll be able to create an account, which you can Telnet or SSH to later
on.  The same account credentials (login, password) can be used on multiple
platforms, if you choose so while creating the account through their web
interface.

Have fun,

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/