Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 17:55:57 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Li ChunAn (Nokia/Beijing)" <chunan.li@nokia.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: interrupt mechanism

> Hello
> I am a kernel programmer. Would you like to tell me something detailed about
> the interrupt mechanism and kernel programming guides? Where can I find the
> IRQ-handler table in kernel codes?

FreeBSD generates the interrupt handler table dynamically at runtime,
as interrupts can be moved from one handler to another, or chained
between multiple handlers.

You can read the low-level interrupt handler code for the i386 in
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/icu_* (for uniprocessor kernels) and
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa/apic_* (for SMP kernels).