Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 19:00:54 -0600
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux-netscape6 problem

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 06:43 pm, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> > >all.html .  I'm not sure why you're seeing it whereas I'm not.  Do the
> > > commands:
> > >
> > > 	cd /usr/local/lib/linux-netscape6 && brandelf -t Linux mozilla-bin
> > >
> > > clear it up?
> >
> > No, although it recognizes that the binary type changed.  I now get

> > ELF binary type "3" not known.
> > Abort trap
> >
> > I'm running linux_base-6.1_1, BTW.
>
> I have no idea what the trouble could be.  Do you see it with Netscape
> 6.2.1, or with other Linux programs?  Netscape didn't bother to document
> the changes between 6.2.1 and 6.2.2, so they may not be important.

I haven't had Netscape installed on this machine before, and I only had
linux_base installed because apsfilter wanted acroread.  I'd never run
acroread from the command line, but when I tried it I got the same "ELF
binary type "3" not known" error!

So it's not a Netscape problem.  Any other ideas?

-David
--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Center for Cosmological Physics
The University of Chicago