Date:      Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:42:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Briceno <marc_briceno@yahoo.com>
To:        anders@fix.no
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   cclient/imapd suggestion

Perhaps I am one of the dumber ones around, but I believe that the impad
and cclient FreeBSD ports would greatly benefit from a brief
"step-by-step" description on how to compile and install the ports with
SSL support.

In particular, could you perhaps add to the port description file the list
of commands required to compile and install both ports with SSL support? I
tried the following, using port skeletons cvsup'ed today:

cclient:

make clean
make WITH_SSL=true

<cclient is now compiling, showing "Building with SSL". From the output,
it is clear that cclient is being built with SSL support...>

make install

<cclient installs without errors>

Suggestion #1:
It took me quite a while to figure out that I was supposed to use "make
WITH_SSL=yes". If you were to put this into the description, others would
benefit...

Next, I try to install impad-uw:
make clean
make WITH_SSL=yes

However, the installer fails the SSL check:

===>  Patching for imap-uw-0106191041
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for imap-uw-0106191041
===>  Configuring for imap-uw-0106191041
===>  Building for imap-uw-0106191041
SSL check failed. Wa want SSL support, but cclient doesn't have it.
Please recompile and reinstall the cclient port with WITH_SSL=yes set.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw.

root@pakastelohi:/usr/ports/mail/imap-uw # make WITH_SSL=yes
===>  Building for imap-uw-0106191041
SSL check failed. Wa want SSL support, but cclient doesn't have it.
Please recompile and reinstall the cclient port with WITH_SSL=yes set.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/imap-uw.