Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 01:40:22 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        Jackson Donadel <fatboy@linuxbr.com.br>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0

Your running kernel is out of sync with the installed tools.  My guess
is that you've done an installworld but not rebuild the kernel and
rebooted onto it yet.  Until you do this tools like 'ps' and 'top'
won't function properly because of changes with the procfs filesystem
(/proc).

Joe

--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)