Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:38:54 +0200
From:      mmaslowski@wi.ps.pl
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   ethernet PCMCIA card: D-link DFE-670TXD

Hello everyone,

   I've been struggling with a problem considering my hardware. I've installed
FreeBSD 5.1 on my notebook (very aged computer - P200MMX, but I still like it).
I would like to have the Ethernet card installed and the only option I have is
to choose one of a few of PCMCIAs (I have no other Ethernet card support on
board).

   I've read the hardware notes and I've found no equipment corresponding to
the cards I saw at one of local merchant stores. My option would be PCMCIA D-
link DFE-670TXD preferrably (the price, it's D-Link). I've looked over the
vendor's site and found no FreeBSD support either (typical :) ).

   Do you have any suggestions what I should do, maybe where to look for some
useful information? I've looked over the vendor's site and found no FreeBSD
support either (typical :) ). Maybe some of you guys are having other hardware
compatible to the cards listed in the 'hardware.txt' models, which are working
just fine? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,