Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 2008 15:23:21 -0800
From:      Royce Williams <royce@alaska.net>
To:        Mauro Calderara <mcalderara@phys.ethz.ch>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netboot/install on sparc64

Royce Williams wrote, on 6/17/2008 3:20 PM:
> Hello, Mauro -
>
> Mauro Calderara wrote, on 6/16/2008 4:48 AM:
>> I'm new to FreeBSD and sparc64
>
> Welcome!
>
>> and am currently trying to install
>> FreeBSD on a few Netras 105 and Fire V120 Machines, all but one do not
>> have a CDROM drive. Searching for documentation I stumbled across this
>> document here:
>>
>> http://www.freebsd.org/fr/relnotes/CURRENT/installation/sparc64/index.html
>
>> Reading that one can use the ISO's loader instead, I tried my luck with
>> the loader from the 7.0 .iso and by loading the kernel over tftp by hand
>> I was able to boot it. After loading the kernel, the system can't mount
>> the nfs-root though and that I cannot specify by hand it seems.
>
> Are you getting any errors when you try to mount the nfsroot?  I'd
> suggest sniffing the mount attempt, and then make sure it's trying to
> mount exactly what your bootp or dhcpd configuration is using.

There are also some ancient versions of the sparc64 loaders here,
which might or might not work:

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/sparc64/install.html

Royce

--
Royce D. Williams                                   - http://royce.ws/
 A clever man commits no minor blunders. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe