Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2020 17:41:32 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de>
Cc:        Vladimir Kondratyev <vladimir@kondratyev.su>, freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xfce4 does not see up arrow after reinstall/xorg update

On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 4:48 PM Michael Gmelin <freebsd@grem.de> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Feb 2020 14:53:01 -0500
> Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, Feb 22, 2020 at 6:47 AM Vladimir Kondratyev
> > <vladimir@kondratyev.su> wrote:

> > > Dysfunctional Up and Left arrow keys is a symptom of kbd_rules set
> > > to "base" rather than "evdev".
> > >
> > > New Xorg sets kbd_rules to "evdev" for all evdev keyboards by
> > > default. See /usr/local/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-evdev-kbd.conf
> > >

> > Section "InputClass"
> >         Identifier              "Evdev keyboard"
> >         MatchDevicePath         "/dev/input/event*"
> >         MatchIsKeyboard         "on"
> >         Option                  "XkbRules" "evdev"
> > EndSection
> >

> Can you try this instead? It might not make a difference, but it's low
> effort to test.
>
> Section "InputClass"
>   Identifier "libinput keyboard catchall"
>   MatchIsKeyboard "on"
>   MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
>   Driver "libinput"
>   Option "XkbRules" "evdev"
> EndSection

No luck it made stuff slightly worse in that there is now a noticable delay
between the first key being hit in a xfce session and when it appears (all
other keystrokes are normal).   I also ran your script and made all the
correction it suggested even the drm related ones even they don't apply
since I am using nvidia-driver.

I would like to make a side comment on the latest xorg update in general:
WHAT A CLUSTERF*CK this is no where near ready for production based on the
number of people complaining about basic I/O problems.