Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 14:15:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charlie Schluting <charlie@schluting.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Make buildworld fails (many times)

Ok, I must be doing something wrong. This is my firewall box (5.0) and
it has  the "calcru negative time of blah for pid blah" issue. So, I
decided to rebuild the world. Here's what I did:
rm -rf /usr/src/*
cvsup'd with this:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_0
src-all

The first time, I did make -j4 buildworld, and it failed on something
similar to this:
cc1 in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
/usr/src/crypto/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_mod.c: In function `module_init':
/usr/src/crypto/openssl/crypto/conf/conf_mod.c:414: internal error:
Segmentation fault
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html>; for instructions.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/secure/lib/libcrypto.

This was actually the most recent error, produced after I cvsup'd tag=.
The 2nd try, I did it with tag=RELENG_5_1, and I got a similar error; this
time it was talking about something to do with kerberos (its always
failing in the crypto stuff). I never did the -j4 after the first time
because I thought maybe it was messing up (at times I saw a 7 load avg).

Any Ideas? I stopped relying on make cleandir, and I just delete the src
directory before cvsup-ing.

Maybe its a gcc thing?
su-2.05b# gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.1 [FreeBSD] 20021119 (release)

Other info:
AMD K6-2 450MHz, 192MB.
Current install: 5.0-RELEASE-p7

TIA,