Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 00:38:36 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Anton Voronin <anton@urc.ac.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HAVE_GTK and HAVE_GNOME

Anton Voronin wrote:

> On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Jeremy Norris wrote:
>
> > If I understand the knew USE_GTK/USE_GNOME parameters correctly, you shouldn't
> > need to define anything in /etc/make.conf to add gnome support to ports you're
> > building. HAVE_GTK/HAVE_GNOME are meant to be used within ports' Makefiles and
> > not defined in make.conf. If you want to disable optional gnome support within
> > ports, you should defined WITHOUT_GNOME.
>
> Then I should bring my apologies. I don't remember the reason why I
> initially added HAVE_GTK into make.conf (now I see this was wrong), but as
> it was always defined, it led to wrong naming of packages :-(

I also bumped into this problem. I had HAVE_GTK defined in /etc/make.conf
because the vim5 port used it for building gvim with Gtk. Now vim uses
WITH_GTK.

Cheers,
-- JM
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **