Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 17:02:29 -0800
From:      Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net>
To:        Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, dhenin@cyclopes.org, jit@wanadoo.fr
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS - ffmpeg TV formats

Steve,

How does one use bsd_tvtune?  I found bsdbktr_tvtune.c on your ftp site,
and I compiled and tried it.  I tried using it before ffmpeg to set the
frequency, but I only got static.

It would be nice if ffmpeg had some interface to allow drivers to
accept options from the command line.

-nick

On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 08:47:33AM +0100, Steve O'Hara-Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Feb 2003 15:26:07 -0800
> Nicholas Esborn <nick@netdot.net> wrote:
>=20
> NE> A 1-minute test looked good, using the most recent grab_bsdbktr.c
> NE> applied to ffmpeg-0.4.6_2.  I'll run longer tests this weekend.
>=20
> 	Great! Thanks - that's enough to be sure that I didn't break
> it while enabling SECAM and all the PAL and NTSC variants.
>=20
> NE> Do you have any interest in adding the ability to set the tuner's
> NE> channel/ frequency in addition to selecting the input, norm, etc?
>=20
> 	I'd like to have input, norm and frequency runtime settable
> but that would mean fiddling with the ffmpeg command line (which should
> happen in ffmpeg not the port IMHO) or making it sensitive to environment
> variables (which is possible but ugly). These two unpalatable alternatives
> are why bsd_tvtune got written.
>=20
> --=20
> C:>WIN                                      |     Directable Mirrors
> The computer obeys and wins.                |A Better Way To Focus The Sun
> You lose and Bill collects.                 |  licenses available - see:
>                                             |   http://www.sohara.org/

--=20
Nicholas Esborn
Unix Systems Administrator