Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 17:40:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
Cc:        Rich Wales <richw@webcom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATA66 cable being ignored?

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> For what it's worth, I have been seeing this too.  In my case I
> have two IDE controllers, one on the motherboard, and the other
> a PCI card from Promise.  I'm pretty sure the cable is correct,
> although I haven't actually ripped the machine apart again to
> check it...

Hmm...  Sounds exactly like what I saw under 4.0-release awhile back.  Two
ATA66 drives and one ATA33 drive...  Both ATA66 units plugged into a
Promise ATA66 PCI card, the ATA33 primary master on my mobo...

All drives were treated like ATA33 units.  I even talked to Promise.  They
went over a few BIOS settings and said everything was good hardware/system
wise.

-mrh