Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 2006 00:37:00 +0200
From:      "Cole" <cole@opteqint.net>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: tty's and no login

Yeah.

That does help quite a lot. However, I did find something regarding this called own-tty, but that
was for linux, and also written in like 1998.
http://www.canonical.org/~kragen/sw/usershell.html

I was actually hoping to do something similar. In that I was hoping to just write a single program
to take control of the terminal and all me to use it for my input/output directly. Ive tried the
above program, but it does complain about "TIOCSCTTY: Operation not permitted". Anyone have any
ideas about what exactly needs to be done to get the own-tty.c program to function correctly under
FreeBSD?

Thanks though for your suggestion, I'll definately make use of it if I cant come right.

/Cole