Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 09:22:13 +1200
From:      Bnonn <bnonn@orcon.net.nz>
Subject:   Re: Dependency problem: atk-1.0.901

   Hi Lowell
   Thanks for the help so far. At the moment I'm actually cvsuping to
   RELENG_4 to see if I can install the port after a buildworld. It's not
   that I'm giving up on RELENG_5 so much as I'm just interested to see
   if this solves the problem, or if I still run into a dependency issue.
   Also, I'm a sucker for punishment.
   I'll let you know how I get on.
   Regards
   Bnonn
   Lowell Gilbert wrote:

Bnonn [1]<bnonn@orcon.net.nz> writes:

   Hi Lowell, thanks for your comments...I'm not trying to install via a
   package. I'm going into /usr/ports/x11-wm/xfce4 (or gtk20) and typing
   "make install clean". Afaik this is how to install a port, unless I'm
   missing something really obvious. This is when the error occurs. I
   haven't tried installing using packages (pkg_add?).

Okay, that's completely correct.

   When the make install runs, it recognizes atk 1.6.1 and has no problem
   with it, but then bails out later saying it can't find 1.0.91.

I think we'll need to see the exact error messages.

   Yes, I ran cvsup on all ports, and the system, from cvsup.freebsd.org
   (I think that's the correct address). Had no problems doing this.

Okay, so you should be up to date.

   I'll check uname -r when I get home and see if there appears to be a
   problem there.

Unfortunately, that should be fine.  You had me confused by talking
about packages.