Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:32:00 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Richard J. Kuhns" <rjk@grauel.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Object Domain 2.0 and jdk1.1.7 under FreeBSD-current

Does anyone have any experience with this comibination?

I recently downloaded Object Domain 2.0 (from http://www.objectdomain.com/)
for evaluation, and managed to get it going without too much trouble -- I
just had to modify the shell wrapper a little, and set the various
environment variables correctly.  I also download the `swingall.jar' file
they said was required.

It starts, and generally seems to run (it's very slow on my 200MHz PPro),
but: it continually uses CPU, even when idle.  That is, if I start it
running and then run ps from an xterm, CPU time increases continuously.
One of the options you can set with it displays a piechart that shows
memory usage (total, and until next garbage collectoin).  This indicates
that memory usage is also constantly increasing.

Any comments?

--
Richard Kuhns			rjk@grauel.com
PO Box 6249			Tel: (765)477-6000 \