Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 19:10:35 -0400
From:      Scott Cotton <scott@chronis.pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   allocating colors for a color terminal in X

I've got XFree86 v 3.3.3.1 running on 3.3RC, with GNUstep 0.6 and gnome stuff,
and I'd like it to always be able to allocate the colors necessary for color
terminals like color-xterm and what not.  I should have plenty of resources
for it, as my graphics card has 8megs of ram, but color terminals which start
after doing much of anything with color in an xsession report errors
allocating colors, and the session defaults those colors that it can't
allocate to be the background color of the terminal, rendering lots of stuff
invisible.

Does anyone have any clues about how I might go about making sure that there
are enough resources to allocate colors for terminals whenever I want in an x
session?

Thanks,

scott