Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:00:26 -0500
From:      Mark Nipper <nipsy@tamu.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise SX6000 support

	I recently purchased both a Promise SX6000 and an Adaptec
2400A.  Both are ATA RAID controllers as I'm sure most of you
know.

	Anyway, I'd really like to use the Promise card (even
though the Adaptec card is supposedly faster) simply for the
extra two channels.

	However, searching all the mailing lists yields very
little in the way of information concerning this card.  The
Adaptec card just seems to work (hell, the manual even includes
explicit directions for both FreeBSD and Linux).  Promise says no
go on either FreeBSD or Linux, but I figured as much.

	I found a post from last Fall that mentions support being
added for the SX6000 (also known as the SuperTRAK) by someone who
had received a couple of cards from Promise explicitly for this
purpose.

	Did this ever happen?  Is this card supported by the new
back-ported ATA subsystem?  If so, are they any management tools
available?

	Please let me know...

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
Computing and Information Services                      nipsy@tamu.edu

---begin random quote of the moment---
We don't believe this to be a coincidence."
 -- Jeremy S. Anderson
----end random quote of the moment----