Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:03:12 -0500
From:      "Frank J. Zidar" <zidarf@zidar.com>
To:        "Freebsd-Questions@Freebsd. Org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Dual network card newbie question

Hello,

I have just attempted to install a second network card in my FreeBSD
server.  The  first card is configured with the IP address of 10.0.0.1.
I am having a problem determining how to configure the other card
because no matter what address I choose, as soon as I activate it in
rc.conf I start getting the following messages:

Jan 27 21:38:15 server /kernel: arp: 10.0.0.5 is on fxp0 but got reply
from 00:9
0:27:37:a7:7f on fxp1

I realize that this message has been posted on numerous occasions since
I have scanned through the mail archives.  I have done everything anyone
has mentioned to do when others have had the same problem, but I can't
seem to rectify the situation.  I have been using the post:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=1344947+1350169+/usr/local/w
ww/db/text/1997/freebsd-questions/19970824.freebsd-questions
as it seems to be most along the lines of what I am attempting to do,
but I am obviously missing the point somewhere.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank