Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:55:28 +1000
From:      BSD Freak <bsd-freak@mbox.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Shell scripting gurus I nedd your help

Here's one for the shell scripting gurus:

I have a file (admins.txt) with list of the e-mail addresses of my
systems administrators (on per line) eg.

john@ourcompnay.com
fred@ourcompany.com
betty@ourcompany.com
...etc

I need to be able to e-mail them all the same message from the command
line or a shell script (with only one command)

For example I might need to email them the output of an "ls -al". I
could:

ls -al | mail -s "Ouput of ls command" john@ourcompnay.com
ls -al | mail -s "Ouput of ls command" fred@ourcompnay.com
ls -al | mail -s "Ouput of ls command" betty@ourcompnay.com
.etc..

how can I do this with only one command taking each persons e-mail
address from the file admins.txt

Thanks in advance...