Date:      Sun, 25 May 2008 15:24:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tuc at T-B-O-H <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
To:        thardy@gmail.com (Terry Hardy)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, nork@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: DarwinStreamingServer-5.5.5

Hi,

	Just a bit of an update.. I'm not sure if you follow the DSS
list. (I get it, may not always READ it, but I get it)... It turns out
Stephen Tonna announced the release about 28 hours before your email
to the list. I find it difficult that given the holiday weekend, you
didn't allow nork more time to reply before posting to the world.

	It seems now, according to the list, this release isn't compiling/
working on atleast 5 total platforms that I've seen (2 Centos, 2 Ubuntu,
Solaris) and it seems people are very unhappy about things.

	Since I don't know nork, I won't speak for him, but for things
I'm involved in theres usually a "shake out" period where you try to
compile yourself, and see how others are doing too. It sounds like they
might need to work together to get this to compile/work properly on other
platforms. Granted, Darwin is close to FreeBSD, so it might be an easier
job, but porting it only to find a patch release a few days later is a bit
annoying.

		Tuc