Date:      Sat, 10 Oct 1998 13:28:08 +1000
From:      Andrew Bromage <bromage@queens.unimelb.edu.au>
To:        marko@cs.uni-frankfurt.de, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Global register variables in gcc and stdio.h?!?

G'day all.

On Wed, Oct 07, 1998 at 03:30:38PM +0200, Marko Schuetz wrote:
> An application I want to compile runs much faster if it can use global
> register variables.

This was a bug in Mercury-0.7.3, and has since been fixed.  You can get
the latest "release of the day" from http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/mercury/,
or you can wait for 0.8, which is due for release in a couple of weeks'
time.

If you have any other problems with compiling Mercury under FreeBSD, do
let me know, since I'm the only member of the Mercury team who has any
sympathy for the cause. :-)  Everyone else is thoroughly penguinised.

(This is despite Robert Elz working one floor below us.)

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage