Date:      Sun, 13 Feb 2000 12:50:35 +0200
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?Q?Jukka_Simil=E4?=" <juksi@iname.com>
To:        "Randall Hopper" <aa8vb@ipass.net>, "pstern stern" <pstern@65north.com>
Cc:        <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: fxtv

> |The other  thing I see sometimes is ghosting as I change channels. I see
> |the previous channel for a long time as a ghost image when trying to view
> |the new channel.
>
>Hmm.  Could be a weak video signal.  See how things go after
>the patch.

I had that ghost problem (if I understood it right, the image with only
odd/even fields updated?) with my ATI- i believe it's just because of a slow
card:
Switching to 800x600/640x480 or reducing the fxtv size helped. Now with
Millennium i haven't had that problem. (instead I'm having enough other
problems, but I can live with them;)

btw I wanted to ask a question, in case somebody is able to answer it:
what's the main difference between Hauppauge's own capture program and
fxtv's capture-option?
I mean, I can capture video @ 320x240, YUV9(?) , ~30fps + 44kHz mono sound
(windows) but in freebsd the frame rate falls down to 14. Is Hauppauge's
prog just better optimized?

Jukka Simila