Date:      Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:47:58 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Civilization Call To Power.

David Gilbert wrote:

> Alfred> On Mon, 7 Jun 1999, David Gilbert wrote:
> >> In the vain hope that I could run it, I bought the Linux version of
> >> Civilization - Call To Power.  Having installed it on my
> >> FreeBSD-3.0 machine, it doesn't seem to do anything.  I have
> >> included the kdump output in this message in case someone knows how
> >> to fix this.  I'd hate to have to keep a linux partition booted for
> >> this...
>
> Alfred> I'm guessing it's having problems locating your cdrom, try
> Alfred> making /usr/compat/linux/dev/cdrom a link to
> Alfred> /usr/compat/linux/dev/cd0c
>
> Did that.  Linked /usr/compat/linux/dev/cdrom to /dev/cd0c.  Maybe
> it's ioctl'ing misunderstood things?

Can you send me (or the list) the output of linux_kdump, instead of kdump.
Linux_kdump can be found in the ports collection, or alternatively you can
download the updated port from my homepage at http://www.scc.nl/~marcel/

The difference between the two is that linux_kdump shows the right syscalls
for the Linux emulation, which can be very enlightening :-)

--
Marcel Moolenaar                                  mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases                     http://www.scc.nl/