Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2003 10:25:33 -0500
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mail Server Questions

Greetings,
Here's the situation.
1. I have a LAN behind a freebsd firewall.  The firewall is also doing
    nat, as my internal LAN is 192.168.1.*
2. I have dns running on my internal LAN using a dsn name that is
    registered by not used outside of our private LAN.
3. I have a freebsd (4-7 stable) machine running Apache and is
   used  to host our internal website and also as a test site for
   pre-release evaluation of our external website.

Our pre-release evaluation website has forms with email.   I need
to setup email on the apache freebsd server so the email links
work correctly and can be evaluated prior to uploading to the
external webserver.

Is there an easy way to accomplish this ?  Headers will have to be
valid or the external mail server will reject.

Should I install qmail and configure for this task or should I slog
through sendmail config ?

thanks for ideas and info,
Darryl