Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 16:15:34 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@nebula.tbe.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IBM 3480 tapes and DLT?

Somebody wants to send data to me on an IBM 3480 tape. I'm not
familiar with that model. A bit of web surfing gets matches also
mentioning TKZ60 tapes. In a dusty corner of my brain, I recal
the DLT was a modern TK-50.

I have access to DLT tape drives. I don't have my hands on a 3480
tape. Any chance a DLT drive will read a 3480?

We won't worry about what application-level format the tape is in,
if I can get the data on HD then we'll *write* something to put
that data in usable format.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@nebula.tbe.com
Q: How many bureaucrats does it take to screw in a light bulb?