Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:49:57 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What is the difference between ports for STABLE and CURRENT?

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:22:36AM +0000, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:
>=20
> Hi all,
>=20
> I was just reading the announcement about OpenOffice packages being relea=
sed
> for 4.7 and 5.0.  What are the differences between ports for these two
> releases?  In general, how is a port for the CURRENT branch different fro=
m a
> port for  STABLE?

Packages are built from the (single) ports collection.  The same port
is compiled for 4.x or 5.x to make the package.  Some ports may behave
slightly differently on 4.x and 5.x (e.g. depending on the perl
package on 5.0, since it was removed from the base OS).

Kris

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL

--pY3vCvL1qV+PayAL--