Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2007 10:17:40 -0400
From:      Paul Pathiakis <ppathiakis@eagleaccess.com>
To:        Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Subject:   Re: AMD or Intel?

Be very, very careful in purchasing Core 2 Duo.  There are major
problems with the chip that have been documented across the board.
Many, many people are steering clear of the chip for at least a year.
This brings up a simple thought...  is it better to stick with a tried
and true chip at present generation or be the Microsoft oooopps... the
Intel public testbed.  I don't care who does what as long as my
performance is good, my price is low and my TCO is even lower.

Paul