Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 23:04:00 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@laserfence.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange filesystem problem revisited... (follow up)

Terry, it's fixed, thanks :)

From what I understand, the diskslice editor in the install process
creates partitions with rather odd specifications, this (the working)
being another strange example:

sysid 165,(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 37817010, size 33543720 (16378 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 1023/ head 255/ sector 63;
        end: cyl 1023/ head 254/ sector 63

Surely it can't really start and end on the same cylinder... however,
certain partition management programs seem to pick that up, unfortunately,
DOS FDISK did not, and killed my partition. My own fault for not realising
this though.

Thanks a bunch.
Will

--